Microsoft has finally released its brand-new Xbox-enabled strategy game ‘Age of Empires: Castle Siege’ for Windows Phone and Windows 8.1 devices.
The free-to-play game invites you to guide your empire through the Medieval Era on your Windows PC or touch screen device. Just like other Age of Empires games, the main goal of this game is to build a castle city, defend yourself against marauders and, when your army is ready, lay siege to opponents.
- Develop your fortress through the ages, from the Dark Ages to the Renaissance.
- Choose from several civilizations, including the Britons, Teutons, and Kievan Rus
- Train armies of medieval units, including cavalry, trebuchets, and 6 different cultural units. Lead them into battle against other players’ castles.
- Drag paths on the touchscreen to command units directly in battle. Using tactical control to counter your opponents’ defenses is crucial to victory.
- Recruit famous historical heroes to your side, including Richard the Lionheart, Charlemagne, and Saladin. Deploy their unique special abilities to turn battles in your favor.
- Play through 10 historic battles, including the Siege of Marienburg and the Fall of Constantinople.
- Form an Alliance with your Xbox Live friends and fight to the top of the leaderboards.
Age Of Empires: Castle Siege game is available for free over both Windows and Windows Phone Store. The game also support low-end devices with 512MB of RAM.