Nokia has released a new firmware update v4.51 for Asha 205 and Asha 205 Dual-Sim feature phones. The latest firmware brings updated apps, new launchers, and couple of performance improvements to the handsets. Check out the full changelog after break.
We have started rolling out a new software update for Nokia Asha 205 (RM-863 & RM-864) And Nokia Asha 205 Dual SIM (RM-862): v.4.51. This is a major/global update and already available for most countries/regions via FOTA. Asha 205 does not support SW updates via Nokia Suite.
Key changes compared to previous 3.18/3.19/3.21 SW versions:
- Improvements for phone call & audio quality.
- Video streaming support and Youtube launcher added.
- “Simulate call“ and “Counters” features added. (Asha 205)
- Updated versions of Nokia Xpress Browser, Nokia Store, Notifications, Email and News & Offers applications.
- Updated versions of Twitter, Facebook & eBuddy applications with support for push notifications.
Find the update instructions from here: http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update
Note_1: if you face trouble with installing the update, move all the user data (such as photos) to a memory card, remove the memory card from the phone and retry installing the SW update. There is a known issue that this specific SW update may sometimes fail when there is a memory card inserted to the phone.
Note_2: The availability of software updates are region specific, if you don’t have it already it should be available soon.
[Thanks to @JuhaOJaakkola]