One of the most talked features of the Windows Phone 8.1 is its virtual personal assistant, Cortana. Well, today Microsoft released the Preview for Developers, and here’s how to get it outside the US.
Once you have installed WP8.1 on your device, you will simply have to change the region and language settings on your device:
- Head over to the Settings menu -> Language and add English (United States) as a language as a new entry and make it the active language. You will need to restart your device once.
- After that, change the region setting to “United States” in the region module of the standard Windows Phone Settings app. Head into Settings > Region and ensure “country/region” is set to the United States and “regional format” matches phone language. Changing the region setting will require a reboot.
- After making the changes described above a Cortana app should be available in the standard app launcher.
Windows Phone Tutorials:
- How to reinstall apps on Windows Phone 8.1
- How to set up sync on Windows Phone 8.1
- How to project Windows Phone 8.1 screen to PC
- How to setup Quiet Hours on Windows Phone 8.1
- Getting started with Windows Phone 8.1
- How to setup Wi-Fi Sense on Windows Phone 8.1
- How to downgrade from Windows Phone 8.1
- How to uninstall OEM apps on Windows Phone 8.1
- How to Manage Background Apps and Save Battery in WP8.1
- How to automatically turn on WiFi in favorite places on WP8.1
- How to quickly remove all Windows Phone 8.1 notifications with one swipe