Microsoft has released latest Windows 10 Mobile Preview Build 10512 to Insider on Fast Ring. Along with some improvements, the latest build also comes with a number of known issues that still present in the unfinished software.
Here’s the list of k now issues in the 10512 build:
- Mobile hotspot doesn’t work in this build. When sharing the Internet from your phone using Mobile Hotspot, devices will fail to get a valid IP address from your phone and will show no internet access.
- Two-factor authentication for your MSA with a phone number doesn’t work in this build. If you reset your phone and go through the first run experience, you won’t be able to input more than 2 characters for validating phone or text authentication. If you have a secondary email for two-factor authentication – you can choose that. As a workaround, add secondary email for two-factor authentication.
- Some phones might spend a long time in the post update migration experience – just let the phone sit and it should complete this migration.
- Apps that use background audio such as Groove, Podcast, Pandora, etc. will crash when launching after receiving an app update from the Store. Rebooting the device will resolve this issue.
- Some phones with a large number of tiles pinned to the Start screen may get stuck in a state where the device shows “Loading…”; the device will need to be reset or rolled back to Windows Phone 8.1 using Windows Phone Recovery Tool.
- Some apps may fail to update through the Store with the error code 0x80073cf9; uninstalling the application and reinstalling it will resolve this issue.
- The Movies & TV app will not work in this build (video playback is currently broken).
Along with above mentioned issues, there are chances that you may encounter more while using the latest preview build of Windows 10 on your Phone, as its still an unfinished software. It’s also worth pointing out that latest Build 10149 is only available to Insider on Fast Ring, and it’ll probably come to the Slow Ring memebers in the coming weeks with some fixes for the above-known issues.