The popular RSS Reader Nextgen Reader today received a major update and becomes faster and universal app. Which means you can purchase it once, and continue to use it on all your Windows based devices and roam your settings securely using the Windows Credential Locker.
The latest version 126.96.36.199 also brings new logo, new live tiles, support for larger displays, OS integrated article sharing, better support for low-memory devices and other performance improvements to the app, check out the full changelog below.
- Brand new logo for universal app.
- Login/purchase once and run on multiple devices (Windows or Windows Phone).
- New live tiles with smaller text size for headlines.
- Easily configure individual tiles i.e. display only unread count, headlines or images.
- Support for large screen devices (Lumia 1520).
- Share articles via OS e.g. save to reading list app.
- Discover new feeds or browse categories via ‘add feeds’ hub.
- Optimized for low memory devices (Lumia 520).
- Redesigned login page and fixed login errors.
- Improved OneNote login (if you use 2-factor authentication).
- Many other changes and performance improvements.
- Known issue: Save image to phone is not supported in this release (planned).
If you’re new with the name, Nextgen Reader is a beautiful RSS reader powered by Feedly. The app comes packed with features that make it easy for you to manage and share your news feed. Offres clean & simple UI, uses readability for viewing of articles, comes with offline viewing, themes, and tons of custom options.