Today Nokia announced its cheapest mobile phone Nokia 103 in Nigeria. The Nokia 103 is dust resistant, comes with durable anti-scratch cover and has a 1.36 inch black and white display, built-in flashlight, an FM radio (requires a headset), speaking clock and an 800 mAh battery that should give you 27 days of standby time or 11 hours of talk time and all that for 16 Euros.
Nokia Press Release:
Nigeria takes the lead as Nokia launches its most affordable phone
In line with its strategy of connecting the next billion, Nokia, the world’s largest mobile phones manufacturer has unveiled its most affordable mobile phone to date – the Nokia 103 in Nigeria. Nigeria is the first market to launch this new device, which is designed specifically for people buying their first phones.
The Nokia 103 is targeted for people looking for an affordable and practical phone that gives them the essential experiences needed to help them progress economically and socially, without compromising on design and quality.
Apart from its fresh look, durable anti-scratch cover and anti-dust keyboard, the Nokia 103 is designed with long lasting battery life – 27 days standby time and up to 11 hours of talk time. Other features include built-in flashlight, FM radio, speaking clock and MP3 grade ringtones.
The Vice President Nokia West Africa, Mr. James Rutherfoord, said the choice of Nigeria as the lead market for this device underscores the importance of the Nigerian market and the need to empower millions of Nigerians who are yet to acquire a mobile phone.
Nokia is the only company providing mobile devices to people in virtually every market of the world, across economic segments. Of the world’s 7 billion people, 3.2 billion don’t have a phone yet due largely to economic constraints. According to Mr. Rutherfoord, “Nokia has been progressively lowering the entry barrier to the market while continually increasing the capability of our devices and delivering phones with contemporary fresh designs”. Nokia is committed to helping to mobilize the next generation – the next billion and beyond – and ensure they have access to the advantages of mobile technology. With the Nokia 103, Nokia is making mobile connectivity a reality for lower-income consumers.
- Fresh design with dust proof key mat
- Listen to your favorite music with the stereo FM radio (requires headset)
- Personalize your phone and assign one of the 32-polyphonic ring tones of your preference
- Manage your contacts by creating different phone books with a total support up to 500 entries
- Record your call durations and access the call history in the call log list
- Manage your schedules and be on time with the calendar and the speaking clock/alarm clock
- Integrated flashlight
- Storage of up to 250 SMS entries
- 3.5 mm AV connector
- Time tracker and pre-paid tracker (network based function)
- Preloaded games
- System: GSM 900/1800
- User Interface: Series 30
- Dimensions: 107.2 mm x 45.1 mm x 15.3 mm (L x W x H)
- Weight: 76.57 g (including battery)
- Display: 96 x 68 ; 1,36” black and white
- Connectivity: 2.0 mm Charger ConnectorOperating Times
- Standby time: Up to 27 days
- Talk time: Up to 11 hours
The Nokia 103 standard sales package includes:
- Nokia 103 handset
- Nokia Battery: BL-5CB 800 mAh
- Nokia Compact Charger AC-3
- Compact Visual User Guide