Quick heads-up, Nokia has started rolling out a new software update v8.22 for Asha 309 feature phone. The latest firmware brings updated apps, new launchers, performance and usability improvements to the phone. Check out the full changelog after break.
We have started rolling out a new software update for Nokia Asha 309 (RM-843): v.8.22. The update is already available for many countries/region via Nokia Suite and expected to become available also via FOTA soon.
Key changes compared to previous 7.55 SW update include:
- Phone software stability improvements.
- WhatsApp launcher added.
- Updated versions of Xpress Browser, Nokia Store, News and Offers and Notifications applications.
- Updated versions of Chat and Email applications. Available via Nokia Suite.
- New eBuddy launcher, Twitter & Facebook applications added. Available via Nokia Suite and from Nokia Store.
- General performance & usability improvements.
Find the update instructions from here: http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update
- The availability of software updates are region specific, if you don’t have it already it should be available soon.
[Thanks to @JuhaOJaakkola]