You can update your Nokia 5250 firmware over OTA (Over-The-Air) or by using Windows PCapplications Nokia’s Software Updater or Ovi Suite. The Nokia 5250 does have UDP (User Data Preservation), but its always good idea to backup all of your personal data before updating the device firmware.
Official Changelog : –
- New, faster version of the web browser, including web search integrated into the web address field, and support for multiple windows
- Big clock feature, displaying the time and date when you press the menu key, if the screen and keys are locked
- Emoticons can be used in text and multimedia messages
- Updated Music player with folder playlists
- Ovi Contacts removed
- General performance and usability improvements
Note: It may take some time before the new firmware is available for your region.