It looks like that Nokia has started rolling out the much awaited Nokia Belle Feature Pack 2 firmware update for its second generation of Symbian^3 devices Nokia 808, 701, 700 and 603. The latest firmware bring new features including Swipe to Unlock, new Keyboard with word predictions, new Music player, new Web browser, improved Gallery, New camera UI, Nokia Car Mode app, Video editor and lots of other enhancements to the devices.
You can update your second generation of Symbian^3 device firmware over OTA (Over-The-Air) or by using Windows PC applications Nokia’s Software Updater or Nokia Suite. All Symbian^3 smartphones support UDP (User Data Preservation), but its always good idea to backup all of your personal data before updating the device firmware.
Here’s the user generated changelog from earlier article:
- New QWERTY keyboard with prediction bar
- New text selection icons and magnifying glass
- New Swipe to unlock introduced
- Improved image editor
- Improved video editor
- Improvements in Gallery
- Landscape gallery mode
- Delete button to mark objects
- Image details button added
- New Music Player user interface and version v17.3.18
- Music Pause / Play button(s) in notification bar
- New HTML based Nokia Web Browser (v22.214.171.124)
- UI Improvements on Nokia Web Browser
- New camera UI – In Creative mode
- New popup in file manager
- Video editor is now included
- Nokia Car Mode built in (in some regions?)
- New button in connection selection popup menu
- Update is live OTA for Nokia 808, 701, 700 and 603.
- It may take some time before the new firmware is available for your region.
- No official changelog has been released yet.
[Thanks to Davion & Selva for the Tip]