You can update your Nokia C6 firmware over OTA (Over-The-Air) or via Nokia’s Software Updater application, Ovi Suite on Windows PC . The Nokia C6 does have UDP (User Data Preservation), but its always a good idea to backup all your personal data before updating the firmware.
Note: It may take some time before the new firmware is available for your region.
Changelog for Nokia C6-00.
Data package content, corrections or changes :
• Provide a list of selected updated features / changes in the SW release with most important features / changes first.
• No major changes
• Any other changes visible in the phone UI (including icons and the order of the icons) done to applications?
• Any changes done to phone default SW settings?
• PRC: Additional emergency numbers removed (China SRR 3.4: PRC emergency call 110/119/120 should be handled as normal call due to operator network problems on emergency call).
• India: additional emergency numbers for India added (100 for Police, 101 for Fire and 102 for Ambulance).
• Any changes to memory card/mass memory content? (Applications or other content added, removed or changed?)
• Any changes to vanilla SW UDA content? (Applications or other content added, removed or changed?)
• Country and OTC cases fixed:
• PRC emergency numbers changed to correspond existing CMCC infra – Same configuration as is in use with N97 and N97mini
• Airtel – GSM/WCDMA – OTC – “OTC_Airtel_Eve_Indian Emergency numbers are not implemented“.
§ Added numbers 100 and 101 to the additional emergency numbers lit of India variant (53).
• Clock Timezone and Worldclock: Wrong name for Islas Malvinas in LTA languages other than Spanish – Changed to Mid-Arlantic
• Too short translation for Slovak in tn_light_breathing_set_folder/breathingsettingplugin
• Start up settings update for France SFR settings
• OTC – Fails to Sign out from Ovi Store
• OTC – Unable to send mail with attachment
• OTC – Stroke input doesn’t work for phonebook lookup (China)
• Other important cases fixed
• Browser baseline updated, about 250 corrections
• Widgets are leaking RAM, amount of memory leak decreased a lot
• MPX Harvester stopped scanning when encounters File System corruption or other issues
• Improvement to refreshing library in Music player
• Securewidgetpreinstaller slows phone start
• Boot up improved in production
• Mail for Exchange: calendar sync improved
• E-mail message gets scrambled by Email – forwarded or replied email are scrambled and full of foreign (mostly Chinese) characters
• Special characters are not displayed correctly in opened mail
• Big Clock not shown when device lock activated
• Device lock fixed