After Lumia 800, today Nokia Lumia 710 also received firmware update v7.10.8107.79. Starting from today the update will be rolled out eventually in the countries where the phone has been made available. The update brings a number of bug fixes including Battery performance and Wi-Fi connectivity enhancements.
- On-screen keyboard . Fixes an issue to Prevent the keyboard from typing During disappearing.
- E-mail . Fixes to Google mail syncing issue.
- Location . Fixes issue to access location.With this fix, the Me features in the People Hub sends anonymous information about nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers to Microsoft only if you agree to allow the Check In function to access and use location information.
- Security . Revokes digital certificates from DigiCert Sdn Bhd to address an encryption issue.
- Email threads . Fixes an issue related to email Microsoft Exchange Server 2003. With this fix, When you reply to or forward a message, the original message is now included in your response.
- Voicemail . Fixes display issue to voicemail notification That Occurs on some European and Asian networks under Certain conditions.
How to update Nokia with Windows Phone?
- Install the Zune software (Windows) or Windows Phone 7 Connector (Mac OS) on your computer. You’ll need this software to download the phone update.
- Connect your phone to your computer, using the USB cable that came with your phone.
- If the Zune software or Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac doesn’t start automatically when you connect your phone, start it manually.
- In the Zune software, click Update Now (in Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac, click Install Updates). Make sure you keep your phone connected to your computer until you see a notification that the update is complete.
How to prepare for an firmware update?
- Verify that your phone is set to the correct date and time. That helps us determine which updates you need.
- If your battery level is low, connect your phone to a charger before starting the update.
- Make some room on your phone for the update. If necessary, remove a few unwanted applications or other large items. To see how much free space you have on your phone, select Start, then flick left to the Applications list, choose Settings > About and look at the number to the right of Available storage.
- Free up space on your computer as you will need some room to download the software update, to save a backup of your existing phone software and settings and possibly to synchronise media files from your phone to your computer.
Note:- When you install an update, all of your settings, applications and media files are preserved.