You can update your Nokia N8 firmware over OTA (Over-The-Air) or via Nokia’s Software Updater application, Ovi Suite on Windows PC . The Nokia N8 does have UDP (User Data Preservation), but its always a good idea to backup all your personal data before updating the firmware. The update is about 7MB in size via OTA.
Note: It may take some time before the new firmware is available for your region.
- Web updated to 220.127.116.11
- Quickoffice updated to 6.4.166, editing functions now enabled on the N8 (i.e. don’t have to pay to upgrade), improved zooming functions
- Adobe Reader updated to 2.5.653
- Big update to Nokia Email; performance improved; ‘unread emails’ flag added to homescreen widget; meeting requests can be accepted directly from email invitations; maps integration, which means people can view the meeting location on the map when the address is mentioned in the location field in the invite
- General performance improvements
- Dialler now works in landscape mode
- Previous performance updates are rolled in and, in the full (Ovi Suite-installed, >100MB) image, there’s the facility to provide a better working starting point than hard resetting a PR 1.0 device
Please Note– Some software update availability may vary in your country. Please check the latest availability at your local Nokia N8 support page.