According to a number of sources, Windows Phone 8 update codename “Portico” OS is now rolling out to unlocked Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 smartphones in European markets, users in Germany, Denmark and Sweden have got update notification. The Portico update introduces a number of improvements, including SMS call reject, persistent Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi hotspot, addresses stability issues and more.
According to statement from Nokia Discussions forum the Portico global roll-out will continue in a phased manner over the coming weeks and is expected to be complete by mid-March. The Update brings the following enhancements to the Lumia 920 and Lumia 820:
- SMS create designs
- Select all the text (to delete it)
- Reject call with SMS
- New Wi-Fi settings (WLAN can be activated when the screen timeout)
- Correct the restart problem.
- Internet Explorer improvements
- Improving Bluetooth connectivity
- More efficient and reliable start-up sequence
- Enhancements in imaging performance
- Enhancements in battery management
- Additional platform updates and improvements
Here is how you can update your device:
- Make sure your battery is fully charged when you begin the update process
- You will have to be connected to Wi-Fi for the update to initiate
- The entire update process can take up to 30 minutes to complete
- If Wi-Fi is not on prior to checking for updates, select dismiss and turn on Wi-Fi. (If Wi-F is on, this notice will not appear and the phone will begin downloading the update.)
- Phone will download updates and prepare to install.
- Update is ready to install. Select Install.
- Wait as the update installs.
- Update is all done. Select Done.
- Restart your phone.