Shape, the company behind popular messengers IM+ has released a new secure messaging app “Sicher” (pronounced “Zee-her”) for Windows Phone, iPhone and Android devices. Built on top of serious security technologies, the app offers free encrypted chats and file transfers to users.
The messengers allows users to chat, group chats, send files, photos, voice messages and self-destruction message to other users. Sicher offers true end-to-end encryption based on asymmetric cryptography, no messages or files are ever transferred unencrypted, and no man in the middle can read the messages or see even the type of file you’ve sent.
- Point-to-point encryption of text messages and files (pictures, videos, .pdf’s, .doc’s, .xls’s, etc.)
- Timer for self-destruction of messages or manual purge of chats on all ends of conversation
- Group chats
- Anonymous Push notifications
- Password-protection of the app along with heavy encryption of all data stored on device
- Operated and located in Germany for maximum security and privacy
- We don’t send crash logs, don’t track usage statistics, don’t use any advertising engines, don’t integrate social network SDKs
There is no upfront cost, no annoying ads, no subscription fees, Sicher is free and unlimited.