Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10512 is rolling-out to Insiders on Fast Ring. The latest build brings improvements and fixes to various features in the operating system compared with the last preview.
Here is what’s new in build 10512:
- General improvement in overall stability and performance.
- You can now set the Lock screen and background image from within the Photos app.
- We fixed an issue where apps installed on SD cards weren’t working after a reboot.
- We have improved Latvian and Chinese inputs.
- We have made improvements to the Kid’s Corner tile layout.
- We have improved reliability of Data Sense notifications.
- Modified Shape Writing algorithm to be less aggressive in suggesting contact names over common words.
- Resolved an issue where Camera would not launch when the phone was locked.
- We fixed an issue where notifications for incoming text messages weren’t appearing.
- We fixed an issue where the touch screen wouldn’t be responsive after ending a phone call on some devices.
- And we fixed an issue where folder tiles have obviously overlapping text.
These are the major changes that Microsoft has made in build 10512, there are many other smaller – but still useful – improvements and enhancements in the new build that haven’t been detailed above.